Sunday, April 18, 2010

Divine Business Opportunity


Before going to Mozambique, I prayed I felt to pray for extra finances, so that we could establish some long term influence in the region. Just before the trip, God had blessed us with $4000 extra money for the trip!

This meant we could purchase Tracey Evans a new guitar for her worship outreaches, a camera, so she could begin to take photos of her ministry and raise awareness, and also some money for some bibles for the pastors and leaders who were getting saved.

I had an idea before I left that just stayed with me, about investing into helping a Mozambique local to start a business, with the goal of them paying it forward and helping someone else achieve their dream.

So I prayed and said “God if you want us to invest in a local business person, give me a divine appointment.”

Sure enough, the divine appointment came 5 days before the end of our trip. Shiela (our new interpreter from Zimbabwe) and I were talking at a market when she began to tell me about a business idea that she had. Her idea was to start the first Mozambique Peanut Butter factory! Because no one in the whole of Mozambique makes peanut butter! They have to get it imported from South Africa.

When I told Tracey Evans of the idea, she said “That’s the best idea that I’ve heard in ages! We could farm the peanuts for her and employ the prisoners who get saved from the prison ministry!” She also said that Shiela seemed to be a suitable candidate because she was well educated and had business experience.

I was soo excited! So we left some money and a prophetic word with Tracey for Shiela. Tracey will take Sheila for a drive to South Africa to purchase the machine that makes peanut butter!

Please pray for God’s favor on Shiela and Tracey. Pray that they get a great deal on a peanut butter machine, and also that they get a good connection with jars! Pray also that the business succeeds to a point where Shiela can sow into another Africans life and help them achieve their dream!

To confirm this whole business idea, on our trip, I bumped into a Zimbabwe evangelist (who appeared from no-where) while we were praying for the sick on the streets.

He said to me “Dave, the people in Mozambique don’t need any more handouts from white people. What they need, is to be helped to stand up on their own two feet! They need to be empowered to start businesses and build industry!”

No comments:

Post a Comment