Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Your car is fine!"

We were driving our Subaru Outback recently and the "check engine" light came on. I thought it might have been a loose wire, so I left it. However the light stayed on and my wife began to alert me to the fact that it needed a service. I had the thought "Why don't you pray for your car?" So I began to release life and blessing over my engine, as I would take Zeke to school, however it didn't change much.

So I took it into "MDR" the auto mechanic at Twin View in Redding and he checked it over. He called me later that afternoon to say that He thought it needed new plugs, leads and a tune up. He said it would cost around $200-300. I was a bit bummed about that, but thought "Ok God you have to provide." He said he could do the job the next day, and because we needed it that night, I picked it up with the mindset of dropping it off the next morning to be fixed. That night, as I drove the car, I prayed over it again.

I took it back in the morning and left it to be fixed. When I came back later that day to pick up the car Matt the head mechanic said "Good news. I checked over it again and the light all of a sudden stopped coming on. Your plugs and leads are all so new I didn't need to do anything. Your car is fine!" I paid him $40 for his time and walked away thanking God for His goodness on our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment