Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Internship Steve Thompson



Steve Thompson internship

As I was heading towards the end of my 2nd year of study, I began thinking about who I would intern with for my 3rd year of study at BSSM. Some of the people I’d felt a resonance with were Steve Thompson (You May All Prophecy), Banning Leibscher (Jesus Culture).

My first choice was to intern with Steve Thompson, a global prophetic teacher and business leader who’d come into our class and said the statement “what I did with the prophetic lifestyle (making it portable and usable for every Christian) I want to do with the supernatural life.” He said it twice, and the phrase hit me like a missile impacting a target, and I said “that’s exactly what I want to do with my life!” Banning would have been my second choice, but I also knew that he was way too busy to be able to pour into an intern, so an internship with him may not be as good as I’d thought.

So I emailed Steve and Banning. Banning replied back to me with “I’m sorry but I am not set up for interns currently” email, and then Steve responded with “lets meet for coffee!” (Since then I have actually ended up working with Banning on two book writing projects –God has really blessed me BIG TIME there!)

So Steve and I met, and then a new friend of mine Todd Casselberry (who happened to be on every mission trip I’d been on that year) was also due to meet with Steve after me. So after we all talked, Steve offered us both an internship!

Todd and I have been meeting with Steve at his home just on the outskirts of Redding for around 12months now, and it has been fantastic! Steve has opened up his home, his life and his story to us. He has poured in hours and hours of wisdom and answered many of our theological questions. Now we are all beginning to work on building a new ministry called NU World.

NU World is all about resourcing and empowering people to transform their worlds. Check out the link for Steve Thompson below: www.stevethompson.org

No comments:

Post a Comment